Training & Events
Learn More about Technical Assistance
Request a training consult to inquire about training and technical assistance.
Trainings Offered on a Rolling Basis
The following trainings are examples of the types of trainings we can provide to your organization.
Primary Care Association-Sponsored YSBIRT Training for Member Organizations
For primary care associations looking to host a training for their health center member organizations’ staff on the clinical components of YSBIRT implementation. This live training includes one to two intensive sessions on the clinical aspects of YSBIRT delivery and interaction with youth and is intended for practitioners who provide direct care to youth. Participants will learn how to interpret screening results, deliver the corresponding brief intervention, and support a referral to treatment, when applicable.
Primary Care Association Education and Operational Training
This training is for primary care association staff to increase their knowledge of YSBIRT and build capacity to support their members in implementing YSBIRT. The content of these one or two intensive session(s) will be determined based upon your association’s needs.
Health Center Clinical and Operational Training
This training is for health centers and primary care practices that would like to learn more about the clinical and operational components of comprehensive YSBIRT implementation and practice transformation. The content of these one or two intensive session(s) will be determined based upon your association’s needs.
On-Demand Modules of Past Trainings
To learn more about YSBIRT, Maura Gaswirth, LICSW, Director spoke with the National Council’s Laura Leone, DSW, MSSW, LMSW, Integrated Health Consultant, Pam Pietruszewski, MA, Senior Advisor and Aaron Williams, MA, Senior Advisor. They have all been at the forefront of expanding the YSBIRT model to healthcare providers and organizations across the nation. In this interview, they explain the importance of the YSBIRT model, along with the trends, successes, and challenges that they’ve seen from their work. View the blog and interview recording.
View recordings of past trainings to learn more about the Facilitating Change for Excellence in SBIRT change package!
- December 7, 2021: Youth SBIRT National Webinar: Lessons from the Field
- September 23, 2021: Office Hour: SBIRT with Youth – Implications for Integrated Care Settings
- September 21, 2021: Screening, Brief Intervention & Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) with Youth: Implications for Integrated Care Settings (presented in collaboration with the Center of Excellence for Integrated Health Solutions)
- April 29, 2021: An Exploration of Substance Use Fundamentals & Youth Perspective on the Impacts of COVID-19
- January 28, 2021: Adolescent Substance Use 101: Current Trends and the Impact of COVID-19
- October 20, 2020: Youth SBIRT and Substance Use During COVID-19
- July 23, 2020: Youth Substance Use Screening: Strategies for Prevention and Early Intervention